Wednesday 9 February 2011

My soul finds rest in God alone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHNEexLL3R8
Hey guys just a sneaky wee video but an awesome song that I have just discovered, a paraphrase of Psalm 62:

For God alone my soul waits in silence;from him comes my salvation.2 He only is my rock and my salvation,my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.

3 How long will all of you attack a man to batter him,like a leaning wall, a tottering fence?4 They only plan to thrust him down from his high position.They take pleasure in falsehood.They bless with their mouths,but inwardly they curse.

5 For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,for my hope is from him.6 He only is my rock and my salvation,my fortress; I shall not be shaken.7 On God rests my salvation and my glory;my mighty rock, my refuge is God.

8 Trust in him at all times, O people;pour out your heart before him;God is a refuge for us.

9 Those of low estate are but a breath;those of high estate are a delusion;in the balances they go up;they are together lighter than a breath.10 Put no trust in extortion;set no vain hopes on robbery;if riches increase, set not your heart on them.

11 Once God has spoken;twice have I heard this:that power belongs to God,12 and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love.For you will render to a man according to his work.

Enjoy our rest in God alone

No comments:

Post a Comment